If you follow us on Twitter or Facebook (links at the top), then you will know that for 10 days this November, we posted reasons to eat ice cream in the winter – just in case you needed an excuse… We love ice cream all year round and I’m sure we’re not the only ones. Someone even tweeted us: ‘The reasons to eat ice cream in the winter; No. 1: You don’t need a reason. No. 2: See Reason No. 1’ which we thought was brilliant.
Keep reading if you want to see some real reasons why ice cream should be eaten in the colder months. We hope that you enjoy this feature and enjoy eating our ice cream throughout the coming months. Feel free to tweet us your ice cream pictures.
10 reasons to eat ice cream in the winter:
1. That whole warm apple pie situation – perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
2. There’s no queue at the ice cream stand or at the freezer in your local shop. Time to stock up…
3. It will soothe your sore throat from that terrible cold
4. It won’t melt and drip over everything when you’re outside
5. *Sings* The cold never bothered me anyway
6. The cinema isn’t the same without a big tub of your favourite flavour
7. Because you know you will get far too hot by the fire – you need something to cool you down
8. It is the ultimate comfort food. Bad day?.. Ice cream!
9. You burn calories faster when you’re cold – ice cream speeds up your metabolism (or so we say). Hallelujah!
10. You’re already semifreddo, why not?